Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bad Mommy

So today I am not only a contestant for the World's Worst Mother Award, but the clear winner.
Let me begin by saying that my boys are Daddy's boys. Nearly every Saturday morning when Joe gets up he gets Noah and Jonah ready and heads out for a few hours, leaving me alone with Micah. (Prior to Micah I just got a few hours to myself) It is very seldom that he ever leaves with only one child. However, this morning Jonah was still asleep, so he only took Noah with him. I was busy nursing Micah when they left, but to be fair to Joe, he did tell me that he was only taking Noah.
I finished nursing Micah, got us ready for the day, packed the car, and started to pull out of the drive when I realized that I had not packed a burp cloth. I ran back into the house to get one out of the closet in Jonah's room and that is when I saw my middle child, still asleep in his crib! I had forgotten all about Jonah. It nearly scared me to death. I almost left my 17 month old child all alone in his crib all day long. I don't think I would have even realized that he was alone until I met up with Joe at our planned time this afternoon and realized that he did not have him.
This was just the beginning of my "bad mommy" day. See I sent both Noah and Jonah off with my Mom on Tuesday in order for me to clean out the many toy boxes we have in this house. I gathered SEVEN boxes of toys that I needed to sell or give away. As long as they were out of my house I did not really care what happened to them. My Aunts were having a yard sale, so I decided to join them and get rid of the toys. I was in a hurry to get out of the house this morning to make it to a yard sale. I made it to the yard sale with both Jonah and Micah in tow and stayed there most of the day. What I did not realize was how bright the sun was today. I gave myself, Jonah, and worst of all my five week old baby sunburn. What kind of mother lets her five week old get burnt?
So today I forgot one child, allowed two children to get sunburn, and only made $3.75 selling the kid's toys. Not my finest moments by far.

3 comments:

grammyjoan said...

Don't kid yourself, you are one of the best Moms in the world. Besides, even if you had left Jonah by accident, no matter where you were when he woke up, you would have been able to hear His yells! Also, a little sun never hurts anyone more. Are sure

Denise said...

Thanks for the confidence vote Mom, but you may not be so forgiving after you see Micah's face

Melissa said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you went in for that burp cloth! I had a dream last week that we left L home alone while we took R to a party.
I am always counting kids..1, 2, 3. Good. (Since I babysit one). L asked where the baby was on our way to church yesterday and I had a moment of panic before I realized he was at home with his parents! LOL