Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Workplace Psalm 23

The Lord is my real boss, and I shall not want.
He gives me peace, when chaos is all around me.
He gently reminds me to pray and do all things
without murmuring and complaining.

He reminds me that He is my source and not my job.
He restores my sanity every day and guides my decisions
that I might honor Him in all that I do.

Even though I face absurd amounts of e-mails,
system crashes, unrealistic deadlines, budget cutbacks,
gossiping co-workers, discriminating supervisors and an
aging body that doesn't cooperate every morning,
I still will not stop---for He is with me!
His presence, peace, and power will see me through.
He raises me up, even when they fail to promote me.
He claims me as His own, even when the
company threatens to let me go.
His faithfulness and love is better than any bonus check.

His retirement plan beats any 401K there is!

When it is all said and done,

I'll be working for Him a whole lot longer and for that,

I BLESS HIS NAME!!!!!

I found this on my desk today when I got to work. I don't know who it is from, but I thought it was perfect for my mood today. Lately I have been wondering what I was going to do about my job next year when the baby comes. The company has been VERY good to me, allowing me to only come in one day a week and allowing me to even be flexible about which day I would like. For right now, I have only been guaranteed a spot here until the end of this year. Every time before they have extended me, but with the economy slowing down, it is looking like I will not get an extention this time around. I'm not sure if that is such a bad thing or not. I will be very busy with a toddler, a new baby and home-schooling Noah. The little bit of extra money is nice to have, but we have worked out our budget so that if I don't work it will not pose any true hardship on our family. Anyway, a lot of rambling to say this...I will not worry, God has it all in His control.

No comments: