Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More News

I know I promised more news and pictures from our fourth of July celebration down at the river, but I don't have any pictures yet. Hopefully my news will make up for the lack of pictures. Starting off with the little stuff, we did have a great time at the river. Noah and Jonah won 1st place in the parade and the fireworks out on the beach were amazing. We ate burgers, laid in the sun, and played in the sand all weekend.

Now to the other news! I'm sure you have noticed the tickers on the side of my blog. I have one set up counting down to each of the boy's birthdays and one for the number of years that Joe and I have been married. If you look again you will notice that I have added another ticker. Yep, we are pregnant! We are a little shocked, but very happy. I knew from the time that we brought Jonah home from the hospital that we would be bringing home another child soon. It is about four months sooner than I had planned on starting that project, but then again, none of my children have come when I planned for them. I have heard that the best way to make God laugh is to tell Him your plans. At this point, I think that God must have a great sense of humor!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Denise!! Congratulations!!!! Maybe a girl this time? I'm a little scared trying for #3, I've heard it is quite a change. I'm sure you'll do great though. I'm so excited for you!

Denise said...

Melissa, Come on...give it a try. We could be pregnant together?!

grammyjoan said...

Sorry I didn't get the pictures to you sooner but we were enjoying the 4th also and now I'm having trouble getting my ducks in a row again. An about the new baby, I am sooo excited! Unlike the pregnancy with Jonah, I guess since I have known about this one from the onset, it will probably seem like 19 months instead of 9 months. But I can be patient!

Celeste said...

Congrats!! I think you just like being pregnant with us Mixsons. haha. I'm a little more scared this go round, I think we'll wait a little while longer for we try for a second!!

butterbean_girl said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I started reading from the Wednesday post and was totally confused. I now understand and am very happy for you all. That is very exciting news.
Marsha