Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MUSC

Jonah had his appointment with the pediatric gastroenterologist at the Medical University of South Carolina this morning. I almost cancelled the appointment because the puking had gotten so much better, but it took us three months to get the appointment so I decided to go ahead and take him. They were very nice and knowledgeable, but of course all they did was review his history and give us all of the options that we have already tried. I see no need in starting the whole process again since he seems to be doing better, so unless he reverts back to the way he was, I am not going to subject him to any more invasive tests for inconclusive results. He still has the appointment to see the dermatologist in August and then the allergist sometime after that visit. I think that route is going to give us more answers and from what I have heard, the testing for allergies is either a simple blood test or a skin test, so that will not be bad at all.
The appointment this morning was in West Ashley, so we did not pass Chuck E. Cheese. Noah was disappointed but the teller at the bank made up for it by giving him two suckers. I would rather deal with my child on a sugar high than a room full of other people's screaming children any day!

No comments: