Friday, October 2, 2009

R.I.P. Oliver James

I love to sleep with the windows open.  Last night was the first time since the hot hot days of the summer that we were able to do just that.  It was wonderful until about one this morning when we heard a dog fight right outside our window. Joe ran to the door to see that our neighbor's dogs had wandered into our back yard and were fighting over the children's cat.  Joe got the gun and shot over their heads to try and break it up, but it was to late...the damage was already done.
What a way to start a Friday.  I have to wake the kids and tell them the cat is dead, then this afternoon confront the neighbors.  Ugh.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is AWFUL!!! You'll have to get them another one.

And I hate to sleep with the windows open. I'm too skeered.

Holly and Tj said...

Poor thing! What a way to go!