Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Little Better?

I am feeling much much better and it is a good thing, because now two of my children are sick. Jonah and Noah both have diarrhea. Today was supposed to be my work day, but I decided to stay home since I did not feel it was fair to saddle a babysitter with two sick kids and a house full of germs. Since Jonah is still in diapers, he developed quite the nasty diaper rash. By yesterday his poor little butt was red, blistered, and bleeding. I mixed up some of the miracle butt paste we used when Noah was a baby and by this morning you can barely tell that Jonah even had a rash.
We let him run around for a little while last night sans diaper hoping that the air would help heal his bottom. I don't know that it did any good since it was for such a short time, (as he was still having occasional bouts of diarrhea) but he obviously liked the way it felt. He has already come to me three times this morning saying, "Uh-oh, no diapy." We then search for the discarded diaper and put it back on. If he does it again, I think I am going to attach a pair of Noah's rainbow suspenders to the diaper to keep it on!
For those of you who are wondering...here is the recipe for the miracle butt paste that the Dr. gave me when Noah was a baby. I gave it to my brother-in-law when his father was ill and suffering from bedsores. His father would not use anything else after discovering how well this stuff works.

2oz. Hydrocortisone 1% Cream (I use Equate brand from Wal-Mart)
2oz. Antifungal 1% Cream (I use Equate brand from Wal-Mart)
2oz. Balmex diaper rash cream with Zinc Oxide

1. Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
2. Label container and keep it on the changing table.
3. Smear miracle butt paste all over rash at every diaper change.

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

I'll have to remember that recipe the next time I get diaper rash!