Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Noah did so well in school today and I was really proud of him.  I have to admit that some days it is a struggle to get him to concentrate, do his best, or to even pay any attention at all.  Today was not one of those days.  We are getting better at these new roles of teacher and student.
Today we were just finishing school when Joe called and said he had to go to Savannah, GA to have a drive shaft repaired for one of the trucks.  He wanted to know if we would ride with him.  Since school was done and we still had the better part of the day left, I agreed. 
While we waited for the part to be repaired we took the kids to River Street downtown Savannah.  They played on the waterfront and we visited a World War II memorial.  The kids found the plaque for the Marine Corps and I took their picture in front of it in honor of Uncle Tj. (Notice the fuzzy out of focus photo...that means my Mom did not go with us!)


I do realize that I am posting a picture of my middle child wearing pajamas during the middle of the day out in public directly after posting my disgust of seeing adults walking around Walmart in their own pajamas.  I am going to go ahead a defend myself now before someone calls me out on it!  First of all, the rules for toddlers are different than adults.  Second of all, my child's pajamas cover all of his body which is much more than I can say of the adult women wearing their pajamas in Walmart.  Finally, the only way we can keep Jonah's skin healthy is to keep it fully covered and footed pajamas seem to do that better than anything else we have found.
So that was how we spent our Veteran's Day.  What did you do with yours?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We walked to the park this morning and spent three hours there! We even ate lunch before walking home. Then my mom came over and took the two girls to another park for 3 more hours, while G slept. No school here because of VD.

Denise said...

Souns like fun Melissa! All of our schools here were in so we had school too.

Holly and Tj said...

that is such a sweet pic! love you all!