Friday, November 5, 2010

Slacker

Yep, I am referring to myself.  It is a full two weeks later and I am finally getting around to posting the pictures of Jonah's birthday bash.  Well it wasn't a bash exactly, just family over for some homemade chili and cornbread...one of our favorite suppers around here.
Jonah with his "cake".

 Don't you just love that dimple?

Papa and Pa were there.

 Mama showed up too.

Linny brought Pappy out just three days post surgery.  A big thank you to everyone for their prayers.  Dad is recovering from the surgery well.  Although the tumor was malignant, the surgeon feels confident that it was all contained within the kidney that was removed and Dad does not need any further treatments.  Now Linny has the task of making sure Pappy keeps his other kidney healthy!

Granny Faye sure did enjoy her chili and cornbread...but she said she paid for it the next day.  I know TMI, but if I have to hear about it I guess you should too. Granny is doing a little better after her pacemaker and recent hospital stays.  My children have no idea how blessed they are to be able to enjoy my grandmother.  I pray that we will all be able to enjoy her for many more years to come.

The kids had such fun opening gifts.  It was the first time that Jonah really got into it.  I think that Christmas is going to be a blast this year!  I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning.  Especially since I have now found the Puppy Dog Pillow Pets and they are safely stashed away!


 The cousins always have a great time playing together.  Mom did get them to all stand still for at least one picture.

 If you haven't noticed, my Mom is not in any of these pictures.  She is always behind the camera.  I'm not complaining...if she didn't take pictures they probably would not be taken.  Nine times out of ten any pictures you see on this blog were taken by her.  Thanks Mom for being my personal photographer.  Oh yeah, thanks for being a great Mom and Grammy as well!

3 comments:

grammyjoan said...

You're welcome for the pictures and thanks for being my daughter and my friend. You know I love to be behind the camera!
We had a good time last weekend for Jonah's birthday, his pictures were good in spite of not having had a nap.

Denise C said...

You all look like you had such a good time. I love that smile that Susannah has for the cousin group picture lol! Noah, Jonah, and Micah are blessed children to have such great parents, grandparents and the aunts and uncles and cousins too.

Leigh Riffel said...

Happy Birthday to Jonah! Good news about your Dad. Hope he continues to do well!! Love you.