Sunday, November 7, 2010

Confessions

I have a confession.  Sometimes I wait until all the kids are in bed and Joe is watching his logging shows and I sneak out of the house.
Where do I go you ask?  Grocery shopping...where else?  When you have the constant companionship of three little boys it is sometimes hard to remember what your name is much less what you actually went in the store for.
Tonight was one of those nights.  I had some things that I needed to get from Walmart and I needed to be able to get them without the peering eyes of my little ones.  I got a great idea from a friend to buy the marked down Halloween costumes and use them as dress up clothes for the kids.  Walmart had their costumes marked down to $1 each and so I got the kids all sorts of costumes: policemen, batman, magicians, dinosaurs, spider man, astronauts, and pirates.  They will find them in a big box under the tree at Christmas and I am sure will have a blast playing in them.  But I digress.
When I make my rare late night shopping trips I run into all sorts of people who for whatever reason are doing their shopping late at night as well.  I often wonder why they are out so late.  Is it because they have kids at home too, or maybe they work odd hours, or maybe they have a strange aversion to daylight. However, what I wonder about the most is why these people feel that just because they are shopping at bedtime they think that it is appropriate to wear their pajamas!  I am not talking about sweats and an old tee-shirt, I am talking about real pajamas that you wear only to bed.  I seriously saw people tonight dressed in pajamas complete with fuzzy slippers walking around Walmart.  I'm thinking that there must be some convention going on that I knew nothing about.  I mean really, pajamas...in public?

2 comments:

Denise C said...

Lol I have seen that before bed time. I can't go out in public in my pj's! More power to them :)

Michelle Bryan said...

I too have seen people in walmart at lunch time in their PJ's. It is completely ridiculous as far as I am concerned.
I guess WE were all raised better than that.
I wont even leave the house if I have not had a recent shower, and I have to be dressed. I went to walmart in sweat pants one time and felt like a slob. I haven't done it since then.
This is yet another sign of the decline of our society in my opinion.