Monday, October 18, 2010

Get Well Soon

Noah and I made a trip into town today to go to the library.  While we were in town, we decided to run by my Dad's house and give him a painting Noah had made for him.  On the way there we had quite an interesting conversation.  I was telling Noah that Christmas was coming soon and that he needed to be thinking about who he wanted to give a gift to and what that gift might be so that he could start either making the item or saving money to purchase it.  He came back at me with a question...

Noah:  Do you think Pappy will be feeling better by Christmas?
Me:  I sure hope so.
Noah: Well if he isn't then I want to buy him a present.
Me: Does that mean that if he is feeling better that you wont buy him one?
Noah:  No, I will still buy him one, but it just wont be as good!

I'm afraid Noah provides little incentive to get well!  Then as we were on our way home I asked Noah to quiet down so that I could call our pastor.  He wanted me to let him know what time Dad was going to be having surgery.  As I dialed the number, Noah asked why the pastor wanted to know that information.  I told him that it was probably so that he would know when to pray for Pappy.  As I heard our pastor pick up the other end on the line, I hear Noah exclaim, "Well that is just silly, he should be praying for him all the time, not just when he is having surgery!"

Kids...they sure do make dealing with tough situations easier!

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

Noah you are just to smart! Love yall!