Sunday, August 22, 2010

Use Your Words

I love to hear my kids talk.  It is a good thing too, because they can talk, and talk, and talk, and talk!
Since they were very little we have always encouraged them to use their words to express what they wanted rather than pointing, grunting, or screaming.  You will often hear me telling my kids to use their words or do without whatever it is that they want.
Micah is just learning to talk and it is so cute to hear him say uce peas (juice please) and hay hue (thank you).  Noah mastered using his words ages ago and never stops talking.  Seriously, the boy wakes up talking and keeps at it until he hits the bed at night...sometimes even then he talks in his sleep.
Jonah is between the two.  He is just now realizing how much attention talking brings him and can be heard saying, "Hush Noah, it is my turn to talk!"
Just last week, I had to applaud Jonah for using his words quite nicely (after I stopped laughing).  Noah was doing what brothers do (annoying Jonah in the backseat)  when Jonah spoke up and said, "Noah, stop playing with me, I not a toy, I a Jonah."
Now that is what I call using your words!

2 comments:

grammyjoan said...

I love to watch Jonah's face when he is about to talk and try to guess what he will say!

Holly and Tj said...

that is awesome! love those boys, they come up with the most random, cute things!