Thursday, August 19, 2010

Put Put

A few weeks ago in the midst of our car hunt, we found ourselves in Savannah on a Saturday evening.  We all of a sudden realized that we had been spending so much time taking care of business that we had not taken the time to take care of the business of our family.
It was apparent from the snapping at each other and the whining going on that it was time to take a step back and re-evaluate our priorities.  We just so happened to drive past a fun park that had a sign up advertising an early bird special.  I pulled in to the parking lot and we spent $20 for the entire family to have several hours of more fun than we have had in quite some time.
We started off on the go-cart track.  The two younger boys were too little to ride, but that did not stop Noah and I from having a blast!  From there we went to the playground equipment, the indoor arcade, and put-put golf.
This was the first time that our kids had ever played put-put and I think it was the first time for Joe and I since my college days.

Believe it or not, Jonah beat all of us at put-put!  Micah was by far the worst as he kept throwing his ball, but Joe was not far behind him!
We all left with smiles on our faces and memories of good times in our hearts.  I am so thankful for my boys and for a husband who realizes the importance of family togetherness.

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

Yay Jonah! I have been wanting to go put-putting for a while. it is so much fun! Glad yall had fun!