Monday, July 19, 2010

On The Road Again...

So today I went to Savannah, from Savannah to Hilton Head, from Hilton Head to Islandton, From Islandton to Walterboro, from Walterboro to Islandton, from Islandton to Jacksonboro, and then back to Islandton again.

I am not a truck driver in our little trucking business, but today I felt like I might as well be!  Speaking of our little business, that is the reason I am on the road so much these days.  Our little company is still not big by any means, but has tripled in size in just the past four months.  When you are a consistent size for ten years and then triple in four short months, things get hectic fast.

I am in no way complaining about the changes, but they certainly have made my life a bit busier.  Hopefully now that the initial rush is over, things will calm down a bit.  We have handled the rush rather well, other than my house is a wreck (that is really just an excuse...it is usually a wreck anyway)!

I even had one of the best compliments of my life today.  As I was sitting in the DMV waiting on paperwork, one of the employees said, "Does your husband appreciate what a patient wife he has?  Most people would be stomping around cussing and you have handled all of these delays with grace."

I wanted to tell her just how far I had come, but Vi-o-let was sitting at the next counter and I was afraid that I would be recognized!

We have definitely come a long way with Little Joe's trucking and although it seems that we have grown tremendously overnight, it has been after years of consideration and prayer and waiting for the right time.  It seems that when that time came, doors started opening right and left as we just sat back and watched.  Sure there is risk involved, as there is with anything worthwhile.  But like I told my MIL...even if we fail and loose everything we have invested, it won't be the end.  Sure it would hurt to see our hard work disappear, but we started with nothing and were immensely happy then... and if we end up with nothing next week we will still be immensely happy.  For we have set our sights on things above, not on things of this earth. (Colossians3:2)

1 comment:

Holly and Tj said...

So glad things are going well! Hopefully yall will stay on that streak!I know you and Joe have both worked SO hard to get where you are! We are proud of ya!