Monday, April 12, 2010

Camping Out

We had a great spring break. I think this was my favorite spring break ever. Aside for the one day that I took Jonah and Micah to the beach, it was definitely NOT your typical spring break! We spent the entire week doing family stuff and just enjoying each other. Noah went to work with Joe two days. We all went to the junkyard together one day.

We rode with Joe as he hauled a load of junk cars to sell for scrap. The kids loved the junk yard. They enjoyed watching the cars get crushed and Noah learned a lot about recycling while we were there. We ended our spring break with a camp out in the backyard. Joe set up the tent and we cooked supper (hot dogs and marshmallows) over a fire. We actually all made it until about 6:30 the next morning before we abandoned the tent for the comfort of indoors.

The only bad thing I can say about our spring break was that it made coming back to real life almost unbearable. I dreaded sending Noah off to school today and Joe off to work. It made me realize how much I love having them here and how much I miss them when they are gone. I have to keep reminding myself that there are only six weeks until summer...counting down the days!

No comments: