Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Writer's Block

Can you even have writer's block when you are not a writer? All I do here is relate our day to day happenings, yet I haven't even been able to do that recently! I have a lot of catching up to do from the past week or so and as I sit here to do it I feel like I am writing my Christmas letter all over again! We have been so busy that I am not sure I will be able to even remember all of the things that have happened, but here goes nothing...

Micah
Teeth are popping up all over the place. Micah has four bottom teeth and two top teeth. He is cutting two more top teeth that should be in soon. Micah spent a night with Pappy and Linny while the rest of us went on Noah's birthday trip. (I survived, but was ready to go get him at daybreak the next morning.) He has gotten really good at crawling but is not even attempting to walk yet. He still is not sleeping through the night. If you need proof of this, just check out the bags under my eyes. He is also showing no signs of being ready to wean. If you need proof of this, just check out...well, never mind.

Jonah
Our little "helper" has started two fires in the past few weeks. I did not relate it on here because I nearly have heart failure every time I think about it. We went back to see Jonah's allergist, which is something else I did not relate on here. When I calm down and can say something nice about the doctor, then I will have something to say. Until then, I prefer to say nothing at all. We have begun getting rid of Jonah's sippy cup and so far he has done well with transitioning to a "big boy" cup. As soon as we get that accomplished, we will start working on the "big boy" underwear!!

Noah
Noah turned six! (I cheated and posted his birthday post tonight but dated it on the 9th.) He wanted a different kind of birthday this year and I was happy to oblige. I nearly killed myself with his last party and was not thrilled about doing it again. Noah, his friend Hunter, myself, Joe, Jonah, Grammy, and Pa all went to Savannah to a train museum and then Grammy and Pa drove the car back home while the rest of us rode the Amtrak back to Yemassee. Noah had a blast and the rest of us had a pretty good day as well.

Joe
Joe has stayed busy both at work and at home. He is constantly out splitting more fat lighted, especially since Jonah has a tendency to load the fireplace with it when no one is looking. Joe had to fix our frozen pipes. He stayed home on our official snow day. School was cancelled and the weathermen were proclaiming the blizzard of the century. I happen to think that day was one of the nicest we have had all year. We never did get to see a snowflake!

Denise
I have decided that I have a little touch of ADD. The night before we were to go to Savannah for Noah's birthday, I wanted to treat myself to a nice long bubble bath. I put Micah in bed and turned on my bath water. While the tub was filling up, I went to the laundry room to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. Since I was already in there, I went ahead and put another load on to wash. (Laundry and caught up are not words that are used together often in my house.) On my way back through the kitchen I realized that I had not packed any snacks for our trip the next day. While I was packing the snacks, I wondered if we would be allowed to bring our snacks into the museum. I went online to check and decided that I may as well go ahead and put the finishing touches on our itinerary. As I was getting done, I heard the dryer cut off. I went into the laundry room and folded the clothes that had been in the dryer. When I finished folding, I continued the cycle by moving more clothes from the washer to the dryer. I noticed that the clothes were really cold, probably because they were wet... wet... wet... water... water... tub... NOOOOO!!! Needless to say, after I cleaned up the three inches of water off the bathroom floor, I really did not feel like taking that bubble bath. This has happened before in my bathroom, but this time no one wet their pants!

So there you have it, our past week. I hope we are all caught up now! Speaking of being caught up, I just caught up on my blog reading and read a great post from one of my college friends about supporting our soldiers. She made me cry and think of my brother and his wife. Check out her post here, and let her know you visited. I'm sure she likes comments as much as I do!

2 comments:

**TRACY** said...

I had fun reading your update! I have more than a touch of ADD, I think. I can't even concentrate long enough to brush my teeth. I start brushing them and end up walking around the house for 10 minutes with the toothbrush hanging out of my mouth because I decided to check on the kids and ended up loading the dishwasher and checking Facebook. I have never flooded my bathtub, though I'm glad you brought it to my attention that this might happen. Now I know to stay glued to the tub when I start the water.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the shout out. =)

It's a good thing you have ADD, otherwise you wouldn't have as much to blog about. I love hearing your stories!

I tend to let things overflow on the stove rather than in the bathroom. Not sure which is worse.