Monday, January 5, 2009

First Missing Tooth

Noah had been complaining about his tooth hurting and a few days before Christmas, I finally took him seriously and looked at what he was talking about. My son had his first loose tooth! We had a long talk about loose teeth and the fact that it would soon fall out. I thought Noah would be a little scared of this, but as it turns out, he thought it was great. He was so excited about his first loose tooth. He had to tell everyone he saw about his tooth and he wiggled it constantly. It was really loose and I was afraid it would fall out before his fifth birthday (this Friday), so I took him the Saturday after Christmas to have his five year old pictures taken. I wanted one more photo of my baby with all of his teeth!

Today, as we were getting back from grocery shopping, Noah all of a sudden starts screaming, "My tooth, my tooth!" He was wiggling it when it just fell out in his hand. Very little bleeding was involved and he says it did not hurt at all. He is excited about the tooth fairy visiting tonight and says that he thinks it is worth at least five dollars. (Mommy is not so sure about that!) Noah came up with the idea that the tooth fairy takes the teeth and gives them to babies that need them but he is unsure of whether Jonah will get this tooth, or if it will be saved for our new baby.

I guess this means my baby is growing up. It is happening so fast. It seems like just yesterday he was struggling to get that very same tooth to break through. Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Is that early? I thought they kept their teeth until 7 or 8?

Holly and Tj said...

That is great! Glad he survived Uncle Tj trying to get it before his pictures were taken! So how much did the tooth fairy leave him for his first tooth?

Terry said...

Please unload your email so I can send you some more emails. Once, the boys thought the gospel song,
..." There's gonna be a payday someday, for all who have been true," was actually, "There's gonna be a bandaid for all who have been true." Also, The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me, was " The B-I-B-L-E, yes snatch the book from me." It goes on and on, There is nothing like those "Little Memories."