Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Baby This Week

This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four large navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He is moving a lot, too, so I am having trouble sleeping because his kicks and somersaults keep me up. The doctor says to take comfort because all this moving is a sign that our baby is active and healthy.
I just have this strange feeling that I will never make it to March before I deliver. Next week I will start the weekly non-stress tests to monitor the baby and determine when the perfect time is to take the baby.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Are you really going to go with the poll in naming your baby?

Denise said...

The poll is just to show Joe that my names are liked more by everyone!