Friday, December 10, 2010

Where Do Babies Come From?

I recently learned that the kid's old babysitter "Aunt Dea" is going to have a baby.  This is part of the conversation that ensued when I tried to tell the boys...

Me:  Guess who is going to have a baby?
Noah and Jonah:  You?
Me: No, do you think I should have a baby?
Jonah: YESSSSS!!!!
Noah:  No 'mam I think you should have two.
Me:  Well it is not me, so who do you think it is?
Noah: Grammy!!!
Me:  Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  Nope, try again.
Noah:  Well I know it can't be Uncle Tj and Aunt Holly.
Me:  Why are you so sure it is not them?
Noah: Because Momma, they live in Japan!
Me: What does that have to do with having a baby?
Noah:  I don't think they have hospitals over there.
Me: I think they do have hospitals.
Noah: No they don't.
Me: Yes they do have hospitals in Japan.  But even if they don't, that has nothing to do with having a baby.
Noah:  Well where else would they get one from?
Me:  Ummmmm...it isn't them anyway so try again.

Eventually they figured out that it was Aunt Dea.  I forget sometimes how innocent my children really are.  I am also thinking that maybe the ten centimeter story did not stick after all!

3 comments:

grammyjoan said...

That one really caught me off guard, we often forget just how innocent the children are. I wish they could stay that way. God has really given you a wonderful entertainment troop!

Holly and Tj said...

That is too funny! Love those silly,boys!

Michelle Bryan said...

I must agree with Holly, that is TOO funny!