Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boot Laces

How do you know you are the parent of three little boys?
Monday morning Joe got up to get ready for work.  This was long before the sun came up so I was still in bed.  After he had his shower and got dressed, he sat down to put his work boots on.  All of a sudden I hear, "Denise, what happened to my laces?"
I got out of bed to see what he was talking about.  I found him sitting there with a dumbfounded look on his face, staring at boots without any laces at all.  Now these are tall work boots for a size sixteen foot, that is a lot of boot lace to be missing!
I had a flashback to the kids playing over the weekend with their trucks.  They were pretending that they were stuck in the mud and had to go get other trucks to "pull" them out.  I wondered where they had gotten all of the "tow rope" from.
I felt the laughter coming and tried really hard to hold it back, but it was no use.  Joe was looking at me like I had grown another head and then looking back at his boots in utter confusion.  When I explained what I thought had happened, he started laughing as well.  As I went to get his spare boots I heard him muttering, "I can't believe they stole my laces!"
So if you go to put your work boots on in the morning only to find that you no longer have laces, you just might be the parent of three little boys.

4 comments:

grammyjoan said...

I love it! That's the first place I would have looked, hooked up to some of their trucks!

Holly and Tj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly and Tj said...

hee hee! Mommy and Mamie used to get so frustrated with me cause I would take Leslie, Kelly, and my own shoelaces out of any shoes that had them to tie stuff up with, including an old sliding board to the back of a go kart. You really need a lot of laces for that! lol

Denise said...

Holly, I wan't even blaming you for this one...now I can. Thanks!