Thursday, June 10, 2010

Riverbanks

This week my Mom and I took the kids to Riverbanks Zoo.  I love the Zoo and wish it were closer so that we could go more often.  My Mom loves to take pictures (108 that day actually) so be prepared for lots of photos in this post. 
We began our adventure with a picnic in the park.
Jonah was too busy climbing tree roots to have any lunch.
This was one of my favorite exhibits.  We got up close and personal with a gorilla!  I'm not sure if we were watching him or if he was watching us.  Either way, it was amazing.
The elephants were out playing in the water and sand.
The kids even got to ride on one...
Well, sort of!
Actually, Jonah was much closer to riding this turtle than anything else.  I turned my back for about 30 seconds and when I caught up with him, he was INSIDE the turtle pen! 
Micah spent most of his time relaxing in the floor of the stroller.
Noah learned how to milk a plastic cow.
Micah relaxed a little more in his second outfit of the day.
Noah and Jonah fed the goats.
Jonah wanted to make his last, so he fed them one piece at a time.
This picture of Noah next to the giant crab cracks me up,
And this picture makes me smile.
We were all exhausted, dirty, and hot at the end of the day, but boy was it worth it all!  I love the zoo and I loved seeing my kids love the zoo.

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

I loved seeing the expressions on their faces with each thing we looked at. I think Jonah took the cake with the first bear he saw, he was literally jumping up and down. I so love those boys and love spending every minute with them, they hold Grammy's heart in their little fingers!