Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Different Store

As I previously posted, we attended the VBS at Carter's Ford last week. Both boys had great teachers and I decided to let Noah and Jonah get each of their teachers a little thank you gift for teaching all week. I took both Noah and Jonah into Wal-Mart and told them to be thinking about what their teacher would like.
I figured I would have to help Jonah the most so I told them to think about what their teacher talked about a lot and that would help them figure out what type of gift they needed to get. Jonah right away said that Miss Jenny talked a lot about coloring and he thought she would like some crayons and a new coloring book...so that is what we got her.
After walking around the store for some time, Noah still had not come up with a gift. I asked him to tell me what he was looking for and he said, "Momma, I think we are going to have to go to a different store." I told him we did not have time to go to another store and that he would just have to come up with something quickly. To this he replied, "But Mrs. Laura always talks about Jesus, so she must love Him and I don't see any Jesus things in this store!" We finally settled on a praise and worship CD, but I thought there was an important lesson behind Noah's statement.
Do my words show others around me that I must love Jesus? Can a child observe my life and see the love of Christ? What a wonderful testimony that is to have impressed upon a six year old that Jesus is the center of your life! I thank God for wonderful Bible teachers who volunteer their time to teach my children more about Christ.