Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not What I Meant

Jonah saw a new Allergist yesterday morning. I had prayed before the appointment that when they did the allergy test that his egg allergy would be gone...that he had grown out of it or been cured somehow. Guess what happened??? Yep, the egg allergy did not show up on the skin test! Instead they found that he is allergic to milk, peanuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, and pistachios. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but my answered prayer is sort of a bummer. There is a possibility that the skin test was inaccurate so the Dr. is doing a blood test to confirm the results. We will not get the blood results back until December so until then he is to stay away from eggs, milk, tree nuts and all peanut products. It looks to be a very challenging month for dinner menus.
The allergist has also started him on a rigorous treatment plan to try and calm his severe eczema. That however has already been put on hold this morning due to other issues. Jonah started vomiting about nine last night and is still sick this morning. He has vomited so much that he has burst blood vessels in his eyes. He is napping right now, but even with Tylenol and Motrin, I can't get his fever to come under 100. I have spoken with his pediatrician and he thinks that it is just a virus. Right now we are trying to wait it out. He is miserable, but I am doing my best to keep him comfortable. Please pray for his little body and for the rest of us that we stay well.

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

Just a new routine for finding foods that he can eat. God will provide the knowledge of what to give him and I am looking forward to seeing him enjoy his Christmas this year without hurting and itching.