Thursday, December 18, 2008

Moving Out!

Last night as I was online paying some bills, Noah walked into the office, fully dressed down to his shoes and carrying a packed overnight bag. He came up to my chair, threw his arms around me and said, "Good-bye Moma, I'm moving." I asked Noah where he was moving to and he repied, "To Grammy and Pa's house. Can you call them to come pick me up?"
Joe had been in charge of the boys and I had no idea what was going on or how to handle it. Noah has been upset before, but never wanted to move out. I don't even know where he came up with the idea. Anyway, I told Noah to go get me the phone and I would make the call. When he came back in with the phone, he was near tears. This was our conversation:

Me: We sure are going to miss you, but you will probably be happy at Grammy and Pa's house anyway.
Noah: Well, if Daddy would stop taking my toys away, I wouldn't even have to move.
Me: Why did he take your toys away?
Noah: Because I didn't listen.
Me: Maybe you should just listen to Daddy, that way you can keep your toys and you will not have to go to the trouble of moving.
Noah: (As if this had never occured to him before) Okay, you don't have to call them now!

At this point, Noah ran out of the room, content to return to whatever he had been doing. So for now, we still have a four year old living with us, however there is no telling what he will come up with next.

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

AMEN from a long time Moma. Believe it or not they grow up right before your eyes, so enjoy this time!