Monday, December 1, 2008

All Cats Go To Heaven

Yesterday afternoon, I sat Noah down to tell him about Prissy dying. I did not think it would be a big deal since due to Prissy's attitude problem, he and the cat had never even come close to bonding, but I wanted to explain it to him anyway. I told him that Prissy had died and gone to heaven. This is the conversation that followed:

Noah: Are you sure?
Me: Yes Noah, I'm sure that she is dead. Daddy already buried her out back.
Noah: But I mean about the heaven thing?
Me: Well Noah, I believe that there are animals in heaven, and I would like to believe that Prissy is there too.
Noah: But Momma, are you sure, because she was really mean!

This was not the way I had envisioned this conversation going, and all I could do was laugh. Thank God for children to bring a smile to our faces!

1 comment:

Denise C said...

That is so cute. I'm sorry about Prissy. Noah told me when I kept them the other day and I meant to ask you about it but I forgot. He started telling me about how when he would go to the bathroom they played together haha. Noah comes up with the funniest things to say!