Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dear Santa

Noah was just eleven months old his first Christmas, so he was mostly interested in the wrapping paper. I figure it will be that way with Jonah this Christmas. He will probably enjoy the lights, sound and decorations, but will not be very interested in the gift part.

Noah's second Christmas was a little different. He understood the gift thing and was starting to talk a bit. His only wish for Christmas was batteries. When we have a noisy toy at our house that is driving me crazy, I take the batteries out and presto, no more noise. Noah understood this at the age of two and wanted his own stash of batteries to fall back on, so he asked Santa to bring him "babbries". I wish I had taken a picture of his face when he open the box from Santa and found it full of batteries! He was so excited!

By his third Christmas he was really catching on and decided he wanted two things, a kitchen set he had seen in Wal-Mart and an orange ride on motorcycle. He was talking a good bit by this time, but still had trouble with words that started with 'C' or 'K'; they came out starting with an 'H' sound. He called the kitchen set a cooker so yes, he asked Santa for a "hooker" and a motorcycle.

Last year for Christmas, I think Daddy put a bug in Noah's ear, because he asked Santa for an orange go-cart. Much to my dismay, Santa was able to find a used go-cart at a yard sale and spent an entire weekend cleaning it up and painting it orange. The day before Christmas, Noah changed his mind and wanted a yellow one instead. We explained that since the order had already been placed, it was to late to change it at this point.

This year, Noah has changed his mind constantly about what he wants Santa to bring, so we finally sat down last night and wrote a letter. After I "mail" the letter today, there will be no more changing of the mind because it will be too late. Here is his letter...all his words, not mine. I don't even know what some of these things are. If any one knows what a magic four-wheeler is, please let me know!

Dear Santa,
My name is Noah. I have been a very good boy this year. Please bring me Hot Wheels Cars. Please bring me cars and a fish light. Please bring me the workshop I saw on TV and a new drill. Please bring me instruments. A violin and a special flute. Please bring me an airplane and a four wheeler that has magic on it, a watch, and sunglasses.
I have a brother named Jonah. He has been good. Please bring him something he can push and ride. Please bring him lots of balls so he will not take mine and stop lights with cop cars and plain cars.
We will leave you carrots for your reindeer and cookies and white milk for you beside the fireplace. I may not be sleeping in my own bed. Thank you for bringing my go-cart last year and thank you for bringing my motorcycle.
Love, Noah

7 comments:

Holly and Tj said...

You can never accuse him of not knowing what he wants!

Denise C said...

He has a long Christmas list haha. Is Santa bringing him all of those things?? That is too cute.

Denise C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Yes, he has no doubt about what he wants. As far as what he is getting...that may be another story! He already has a million Hot Wheels, but I am sure someone will get him another one. Mom has a fish light hanging in her bedroom (I think that is where he got the idea) and she is planning on giving it to him. Santa already has the workshop and has ordered the instruments (except the special flute that couldn't be found). I'm afraid the magic four-wheeler will be a disapointment because I have no idea what he is talking about.
The plans are for Jonah to get something to ride on, but the "perfect" one has not been found yet.
We mailed the letter this morning and Mrs. Judy (at the post office) said that a reply letter from Santa should come shortly. I think that is cool, I didn't even know they would do that!

Denise C said...

That is neat that they send a reply letter =). I bet Noah was so excited to mail the letter...I'm sure I will hear all about it monday and more Tuesday haha!

Melissa said...

Where does Noah sleep?

The letter to Santa is very cute. I never even thought about having R write a letter to Santa.

Denise said...

Melissa -- Most nights Noah sleeps all night on the couch. He is terrified to sleep in his room. Even if I can get him to go to sleep in his bed, he wakes up at some point in the night and moves to the couch. We are working on it, but any advice to help would be great. We have tried everything short of moving the couch into his room!