Friday, February 8, 2013

Snakes

I am raising boys, and sometimes they do really boy things.  Boy things that make me cringe, shake my head, and mostly laugh.  More times than not, if I ask why they do the things they do, I regret ever asking.

Today was a different type of day for me.  I ended up in town with only two kids, Micah and Ezrah.  Micah had spent the night before with his Pappy and Linnie, and was so excited because Pappy had given him FOUR whole quarters for helping him take care of his plants.  I promised Micah that we could go to the Dollar Tree so that he could spend his money.

When we got to the Store, of course Micah had to look at every item on every shelf to make sure that he was getting exactly what he wanted.  He ended up choosing a pack of toothpicks.  (See what I mean about shaking my head!)  Anyway, he carried his toothpicks around with pride as I finished up getting the few items I needed. 

I noticed that Micah would take a few steps, then stop and wiggle his behind.  I watched this for a few minutes and then curiosity got the best of me and I asked him what he was doing.  He looked up at me and proudly (along with loudly) proclaimed.  "I am playing with the snake that lives in my pants!"  This would be the shaking my head, cringing, and regretting I ever asked all in the same moment.  However, my morbid curiosity would not let me drop it at that.  I just knew there had to be some explanation so I asked him what he meant and he said, "Just listen Momma!"  At that point he did his little butt wiggle again and I heard the clinking together of the four quarters my Dad had given him earlier.  He said that was the "snake" in his pants rattling. 

I had to laugh, and then offered to pay for his toothpicks so he could continue playing with the snake in his pants.  So, if you see Micah doing a little butt wiggle every now and then, there is no need to ask, just listen carefully for the rattle of the snake in his pants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that, my mind was really wondering what it could be. Boys are strange!! Kids can come up with things that we as parents can't believe just laugh cause one day they will be men & say "did I really do that?" Mrs. Cindy