Wednesday, January 16, 2013

How did I do?

 

Last year  I resolved...

...to not yell at my children.
Ummmm, I think I broke that one on January 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd....but, I did remember to apologize to my children when I lost my temper or treated them unfairly.  Hopefully that makes up for something.

...to remember that not everyone is comfortable with me nursing in public.
I actually did do this until June when my Mom made me such a cute little nursing cover.  I just had to show it off a couple of times in public!

...to make school more fun.
I'm still working on this one.  Each day gets a little more fun!

...to put my husband's needs above my own.
This was a hard one for me.  If I am honest, poor Joe sometimes gets pushed to the side.  He takes care of me so well and complains so little, that sometimes I overlook his needs.  I am striving to be a better wife than he is a husband...but that will take a lot of work.

...to exercise every day.
Well, I got out of bed every day.  Exercising is hard when you have four little ones, but I have done okay.  Getting everyone involved in exercise has been the key for us...even if it is just a walk to the mailbox and back.

...to work on that filter between my brain and my mouth.
Can we just skip this one?

...to do better at keeping in touch with extended family.
I have tried.  Sometimes it is frustrating when you try and try and get no effort back in return.  However, I will not give up on letting my family know how important they are to me, because it is not about whether or not they reciprocate....Granny Faye taught me that you never wait for the other person to speak first. 

...to stop procrastinating.
I have given up on this one.  It just isn't in my nature.  I work better under pressure anyway.

...to keep up with my blog, this includes updating the events I have missed.
Obviously that has not happened since I blogged a whopping 17 times during the entire year of 2012.  I do want to work on this though.  I enjoy blogging and am just going to have to make the time to continue.

...to be nice, even when people provoke me to be naughty.
Yeah, we are skipping this one too.

...to stop using so many ellipses in my writing.
Ugh!  It has gotten worse.  Now not only am I using excessive ellipses, I have also been reduced to using LOL, and :-) to express my emotions in writing.  I tell myself that I am going to stop....and then it happens again!

...to thank God more and take for granted less.
I have certainly tried to to this, and my children have been a great help in that area.  There is nothing like viewing the world through a child's eyes to make you thankful.

...to keep up with the laundry in my house.
Skipping again.  Really?  Whatever even made me think that was possible?

...to not stress over muddy footprints on a clean kitchen floor.
Hmmm, to be honest, I never really stressed over them anyway!  So that was an easy one for me.  Maybe I should have tried to stress over the state of my floors a little more.


So....my 2012 resolutions were pretty much a bust!  That doesn't mean though that I will not have 2013 resolutions.  I think it is important to keep trying, to keep striving toward that goal, even though we know we will never meet perfect this side of heaven.

No comments: