Sunday, May 15, 2011

Seriously?

Saturday I was helping to host a baby shower from three to five and then as a family we were supposed to attend a fundraising dinner at my Mom's church.  I left Jonah and Noah with Joe at the shop while Micah and I went to the baby shower.  The plan was for Micah and I to go straight from the baby shower to the fundraising dinner and have Joe, Jonah, and Noah meet us there.
I called Joe when I left the shower just to make sure everything was still on track.  He told me that he was still working and needed me to come pick up the boys, just to bring him back a plate of food.  I said that was fine, just to have the boys ready to go when I got there since I would be running late.  Then the conversation went something like this...
Joe:  Do the kids need to be dressed up for this?
Me:  No, shorts and tee-shirts are fine.
Joe:  So they can go like they are?
Me:  Yeah, what they had on earlier is fine.
Joe:  Ummm, if you say so.
Now Joe has never been one to care about appearances so I should have been clued in to what I was about to witness, but I was in such a hurry that it went right over my head.  This is what greeted me when I arrived at the shop.

 SERIOUSLY????  Let me point out to you that they were NOT covered in dirt or mud.  Nope, it was axle grease!  Ugh, the joys of having boys...Joe included.

2 comments:

butterbean_girl said...

Jonah looks like the grease monster!

grammyjoan said...

The boys gave a whole new meaning to the term 'Grease Monkey'. I can still smell that grease!