Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Laying Down The Law

This little boy has been getting away with anything he wants for far too long!  Some days I feel like our entire house revolves around Jonah.
Poor thing, it really isn't his fault.  His father and I have allowed it to happen and now we have to put it to an end.  I think for me it all started when I was pregnant with Jonah and was so scared that something was wrong with him.  Then when he was born and demanded so much from us, it just seemed normal to keep giving even when it was no longer required.  So if you are local, you soon will see us putting our foot down when it comes to Jonah.  I am sure it will not be pleasant on either end, but it has to be done and preferably sooner than later.
I put this on here to remind myself of the necessity of training him up the way that he should go...because when he wraps those little arms around my neck and holds on tight, all I want to do is give in and give him the world!

3 comments:

grammyjoan said...

Yes, this is going to be a VERY hard one for ALL of us. I love all of our boys so very much, but realize the needs are greater for Jonah.
I do know we have to put our foot down and be fire and we will try to support you all that we can. Every child is different in their personalities and we love them all and want the very best for each of them. You and Joe are doing a wonderful job with them.

Tj and Holly said...

I guess I haven't been around enough to notice, I thought Jonah was a good little boy! lol
Good luck!
Love ya very much!

butterbean_girl said...

Well, being CJ and Jonah are only a couple of weeks apart, I wonder if it has something to do with their age. CJ is getting sassy and demanding all of the sudden. She is still sweet and timid most of the time, but oh my when she is having one of the sassy moments! Our pediatrician told me at CJ's three year old check up that by the four year old check up I would be wondering where my sweet little girl went. We're only a quarter of the way there and I'm already starting to wonder. It does make me appreciate the sweet loving times even more.