Sunday, March 13, 2011

Expecting

We had Micah's birthday celebration here a few weeks ago.
We had chili and cornbread,
and a baseball cake.
Micah enjoyed opening presents,
but still managed to give us a few classic "2 year old attitude" poses.

It is a well known fact that Micah was born exactly nine months after my Mom and her husband kept Noah and Jonah overnight for Joe and I to have some alone time.  Since then every time we go on a date there is endless teasing.  We decided that on Micah's second birthday it was time to turn the tables. 
As soon as all of the family arrived, Joe and I stood side by side in the kitchen and asked to have every one's attention.  I put my arm around him and said, "I'm sure all of you know that two years and nine months ago Mom and Pa kept Noah and Jonah for Joe and I to have a date....and here we are celebrating Micah's second birthday.  I'm sure most of you know as well that they kept all three boys for us to go on a date a for valentines day, and now I want you to know that WE ARE EXPECTING.......you all to have as much fun today as we had on that date!
The looks on their faces were priceless!  I think it may have been the best joke I have ever pulled off.  Most of them were so shocked that I said we were expecting that they did not even hear the rest of the sentence.  Ahhh, fun times!

3 comments:

Michelle Bryan said...

I can only imagine the looks on their faces. It is great to be able to pull one over on people once in a while. Congratulations!

Holly and Tj said...

LOL That is great! I'm sure Mom bout beat you when she realized what you had just done! lol

grammyjoan said...

Yes Mom did want to beat her, she did it really well but had to pay the price later with everyone asking her when she was due!!!!