Friday, April 6, 2012

Steps To Tears

Step #1...
...pick sweet peas out of the garden.


Step #2... 
...shell said sweet peas. 


Step #3...
...cook sweet peas until tender.


Step #4...
...puree peas, strain to remove skins, and mix with expressed milk.


Step #5...
...cry because you don't know where the time went.



How can it seem like just yesterday that we were bringing home a newborn and now I am preparing baby food for him?  For the past week, Ezrah has been grabbing at our food and smacking his little lips while we are eating in front of him.  Going by his cues, he is ready for something other than milk.  So I will spend my time making baby food and preparing for his next milestone... but that doesn't mean that I will not shed a few tears because it is all happening too quickly for me.

No comments: