Monday, February 18, 2008

The Wonder of Chuck E. Cheese


Jonah had an appointment with Dr. Kline (the gastrointerologist) today. The Dr. has decided to try a new medicine to see if we can stop some of the vomiting. We will try the medicine along with some changes to my diet for two weeks and then go back to reassess where we are. Jonah is still gaining weight fine. He is now up to 13lbs. 4oz.
I had told Noah that if he could listen all day and not whine once, we would go to Chuck E. Cheese on the way home. I felt very safe in saying this since I knew even I would not survive all day without whining about something! When we got to the appointment, the office was packed and about 85 degrees. Noah sat on the floor (there were no chairs left) and watched the fish in the aquarium. We were there for TWO hours before even seeing the doctor! The entire time as I was trying to keep Jonah happy, Noah sat waiting patiently. I could not believe my eyes. As I stood there watching him I actually began to get worried that I was going to have to brave Chuck E. Cheese alone with an active four year old and a sick four month old. In the end, we wound up at Chuck E. Cheese. It is now the end of the day, both boys are asleep and I am so glad I didn't back out of the Chuck E. Cheese promise. It was exhausting trying to keep up with Noah and tokens while carrying Jonah but the wonder on my son's face made every minute worth it all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aww! Now Mommy knows what bribe works for next time!
Hope the changes help Jonah!