Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Genius

I am convinced that I am raising genius children. I would like to think that it has something to do with my intelligence, but after this morning's conversations I am no longer so sure.
Trying to keep the kids occupied while we waited on Noah's ride to school, I decided to test Noah's math skills. I would give him an addition or subtraction problem and he would shout out the answer. He was doing really well and boasted that I could not stump him. I could not let him think he was smarter than me so I challenged him to stump me instead. He said "Okay, what is infinity plus infinity?" Ummmm....Oh look, there comes your ride!
I decided to move to Jonah at that point. I would say the name of an animal and he would make the correct noise. I gave him cow, pig and chicken. He came back with moo, oink, and cluck. I thought I could redeem myself and at least prove that I was smarter than my two year old, so I asked him what sound an alligator makes. Without missing a beat he came back with "CHOMP CHOMP"!
I did not get a chance to test Micah's wit, and I am pretty sure that is a good thing. I don't know how I would have taken being out witted by all three of my children. They certainly do keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

grammyjoan said...

You really do have to work hard to outsmart them!