Thursday, May 17, 2012

Southern Boy

I found individual bags of Planters salted peanuts on an amazing sale this week at Walmart.  Of course you know I had to buy an entire case of them.  I was thinking that they would be great quick snacks for the boys and that Joe would be able to take them in his lunch. Jonah pulled out a pack of them this morning and wanted to know if he could have some of those "pecans" in that pack.  I opened the pack and told him he could have them but that they were not pecans, they were peanuts.  He tasted a few and then we proceeded to have this argument discussion:

"Momma you are wrong, those are pecans"

"No they aren't, they are peanuts."

"Just taste one Momma and you will see."

"Jonah, I have tasted them and I know that they are peanuts!"

"Nope.  Peanuts are supposed to be soft, and these are crunchy!"

"Jonah, these are not boiled peanuts, they are roasted.  They are supposed to be crunchy."

"Well why would anybody want that when they could have them boiled?"


Yes, I am raising a full fledged southern boy! 

1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

Funny! My dad LOVES boiled peanuts. No one around here sells them. :(